CDC recommended regimens:
- Isoniazid either daily or weekly dose for 9 months, with completion of minimum 270 doses within 12 months
- Isoniazid plus rifapentine once weekly under direct observation for 12 weeks in otherwise healthy patients
- Isoniazid plus rifampin for 3-4 months
- Rifampin for 4 months in patients intolerant to isoniazid or exposed to isoniazid-resistant TB
- Rifampin plus pyrazinamide for 2 months, usually avoided because of liver toxicity.
For details, see Treatment section of Latent Tuberculosis summary in DynaMed.